NOTE: No ACE classes or Sunday School in August. Enjoy your summer!
Adult Christian Education (ACE) are hour-long classes held on Sunday mornings, which also coincide with children’s Sunday School hour. These classes usually fall into two tracks:
- Biblical/Theological track: Focuses on a book or section of the Bible or a theological topic and seeks to increase our understanding while applying the relevance of this truth to our lives.
- Christian living track: Focuses on aspects of our contemporary lives (marriage, parenting, spiritual practices, work, discipleship, etc.) and explores the Scriptures for perspective.
Virtual ACE classes
Join us again in September!
Prior ACE Class Videos / Audios:
TOPIC: Moralistic Therapeutic Deism (July 5 – July 26)
[Taught by Dr. Mo Hanna]
Moralistic Therapeutic Deism (MTD) is a term that describes the spirituality of our age: God wants everyone to be happy, nice, and feel good about themselves. It’s become the de facto belief system of the younger generations and increasingly even those in the church. This belief system is explored in detail, and in contrast to the Gospel, since so many of our friends, family, and neighbors are MTD believers.
- (July 5) Introduction + Video recording
- (July 12) Deism/Theism + Video recording
- (July 19) Moralistic + Video recording
- (July 26) Therapeutic
TOPIC: Knowing God in Daily Life (June 7 – June 28)
[Taught by Pastor Steve]
It’s a lifelong journey to connect the dots between what we know to be true about God in our heads with where the rubber hits the road in our lives. This class explored how themes from the “doctrine of God” can make a tangible difference in our daily lives.
- (June 7) The Trinity and Our Relationships
- (June 14) God’s Providence and Our Peace
- (June 21) God’s Glory and Our Purpose
- (June 28) God’s Mission and Our Mission
TOPIC: Family Discipleship (March 29 – May 24, 2020)
[Taught by Pastor Steve]
These classes were a joint-effort between adults, Youth, and Children’s Ministry to provide hands-on practical training for parents on conducting family discipleship. An at-home curriculum was provided for families to use for discipleship relevant to the whole family (all age ranges).
- (March 29) Developing Convictions
- (April 5) Getting Started
- (April 12) No ACE class; Easter/Prayer Service
- (April 19) Gospel-Centered Application
- (April 26) Discipleship as a Way of Life
- (May 3) A Format for Family Bible Reading & Bible Reading Questions
- (May 10) Making Missional Disciples
- (May 17) Q & A
- (May 24) Encouraging a Godward Orientation
Psalm 119 Curriculum:
- Lesson 1: Psalm 119: 1-8 (Aleph)
- Lesson 2: Psalm 119: 9-16 (Beth)
- Lesson 3: Psalm 119: 65-72 (Teth)
- Lesson 4: Psalm 119: 89-96 (Lamedh)
- Lesson 5: Psalm 119: 97-104 (Mem)
TOPIC: Faith@Work (April 19 ~ May 24, 2020)
[Taught by Donald Thampy & Steve Hoogerhyde]
How does your faith affect your work? Does your belief in God have anything to do with how and why you work? How are you a witness at work? What makes work difficult, and how can work be fruitful and enjoyable?
- (April 19) Work and Worldview: Biblical Perspectives
- (April 26) Work and Witness: Biblical Examples
- (May 3) Work: Service or Servitude?
- (May 10) Work: Mission or Money-Making?
- (May 17) Mission Field: Witness While You Work
- (May 24) Minefield: When Work Becomes Difficult