UPDATE 2/9/22: CR will return to dinner at 7:00 PM and hybrid meetings at 7:30 PM every Wednesday.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery (CR) is a Christ-centered recovery program based on the Beatitudes. The purpose of CR is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 steps and 8 recovery principles. By applying these principles, we experience freedom from our hurts, habits, and hang-ups, creating peace, serenity, joy and a stronger personal relationship with God and others. Celebrate Recovery is a safe place to share struggles and a place where we can take off our masks; it’s a place where you hear the words, “Nobody walks alone.” Celebrate Recovery changes lives!
Already in 25,000 churches worldwide (most in the US), a branch of CR was started at Grace Redeemer Church in 2015.
Celebrate Recovery is for anyone with the courage to be honest about life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups, and willing to open their life to healing and change. Participants open the door by sharing their experiences and hopes with one another. In addition, they become willing to accept God’s grace and forgiveness in solving life’s problems. This ministry is being supported by GRC but is available to all people, whether or not they attend our church.
We meet every Wednesday evening. The schedule is as follows:
- 7:30 – 8:15 PM Large Group Worship & Teaching
- 8:15 – 9:00 PM Open Share Small Groups
What is a Hurt, a Habit, a Hang-Up (3H)?
This is anything that’s stealing the peace God intended you to have.
- Hurt: Emotional reactions to another’s behavior or a disturbing situation (abuse, abandonment, co-dependency, divorce, relationship issues, etc.).
- Habit: An addiction to someone or something (alcohol, drugs, food, gambling, sex, shopping, smoking, etc.).
- Hang-up: Negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity (anger, depression, fear, unable to forgive, etc.).
Is Celebrate Recovery for me?
You may be thinking that recovery is just for those who struggle with drugs and alcohol, but it’s not just limited to that. We’ve found that less than one-third of the people attending CR struggle with chemical dependencies.
Can you answer yes to any of these questions?
- Have you been hurt by others?
- Do you struggle with poor self-image?
- Do you yearn for others’ approval?
- Are you a people pleaser?
- Do you struggle with fear of confronting others?
- Do you struggle with depression, isolation, or a lack of trust?
- Do you find your only true identity in your work? Spending too much time there?
- Is your marriage in jeopardy?
- Are you divorced?
- Do you struggle with lust?
- Do you struggle with pornography?
- Do you seek comfort through food, alcohol, or other substances?
- Are you a survivor of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse?
- Is a current friend or relative struggling with addiction?
If you answered yes to any of these, Celebrate Recovery is for you; it’s not for “those other people.” We all have sinned, we’ve all fallen short, we’ve all been hurt, and we’ve all hurt others. Everybody needs recovery and Celebrate Recovery offers a safe place to fellowship and learn from others with real-life struggles. Join us on this journey. Come as you are and go home forever changed. If you’re currently struggling, get in touch with us immediately.
We also welcome volunteers, leaders, and musicians to support this ministry!