If you love serving with a diverse team of servant-leaders, committed to bringing Gospel transformation to northern NJ and beyond, we invite you to apply for the following jobs:
Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry
Children’s Ministry is hiring a part-time Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry who will be responsible for providing support and leadership for GRC’s PreK-5th Grade Sunday school program and overseeing Sunday Supervision and check-in. Key responsibilities include coordinating and prepping lesson material, assisting with special events, and administration details including creating and maintaining Grace Kids schedule and database, attendance charts, volunteer recruiting and screening, and monitoring check-in system. Possesses excellent people and administrative skills and is able to “think on his/her feet” during the busy flow of a Sunday morning. Involves working 20 hours a week in the office during regular office hours and can supervise Children’s Ministry operations two (and occasionally three) Sundays a month from 8:00am-1:00pm.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Church Planting Resident
Grace Redeemer Church (PCA) is a Gospel-centered, missional, multi-ethnic congregation in the midst of a highly diverse suburban county just outside of Manhattan. We were planted by Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City in 1999, and we have planted two daughter churches in our 20 years. Our current vision includes the desire to become a church planting center in which we will constantly be involved in church planting in our region and around the world.
Grace Redeemer Church seeks to hire a church planting resident who will serve on staff at GRC for 2-3 years, depending on experience, before planting. The purpose of this residency is to:
- Gain experience living and ministering in the Metro NYC area and confirm one’s gifting and calling for planting in northern New Jersey.
- Develop a launch team and receive a “running start” at church planting by incubating the foundational stages of a future church plant while serving on GRC staff.
- Provide adequate time to identify a target area and learn the context for the future plant while living and ministering in the region.
- Develop relationships of mutual edification, support, and encouragement with other leaders who are seeking to advance the cause of Christ through church planting.
A prospective church planting resident will:
- Demonstrate core godliness: secure-in-Christ, a man who has nothing to prove to his peers or to the flock. A man who preaches the Gospel to himself, and who models the Gospel to his family.
- Demonstrate a missional lifestyle, a shepherding/discipling heart, strong evangelistic gifts, and the ability to gather people in the context of an unchurched, secular culture.
- Relish the opportunity to minister within a fast-paced environment.
- Have a Gospel-centered philosophy of ministry and love God, God’s people, and the lost.
- Be an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Ability to relate comfortably and competently to people representing a Metro-NY culture that is highly diverse racially/ethnically and socio-economically.
- Have a teachable spirit; a life-long learner.
- Have already attended an approved Assessment Center and received a “Provisional Qualification” or better.
- Be ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) or have educational and experiential qualifications suitable for (transfer of) ordination in the PCA.
- Engaging the lost, lonely, and hurting in the wider community.
- Sharing in the general pastoral responsibilities of the church, including shepherding, biblical counseling, occasional preaching and teaching.
- Personally disciple and equip a group of men.
- Participate in leadership development.
This position is full-time and provides a salary/benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience. GRC will provide 50% of the total salary package, while the church planting resident will be responsible to demonstrate their ability to raise support by raising the remaining 50%. Benefits include vacation and study leave; health, life and disability insurance; and contributions to the PCA retirement plan.
Applications via email-only should be sent to email@example.com.
Applications should include:
- Ministerial Data Form
- Church Planting Assessment Evaluation
- 2-3 sample sermons (links to a Website or sent via mp3/mp4 format)
- Cover letter briefly addressing:
- Why are you interested in planting in northern New Jersey?
- If married, describe your wife’s perspective on (a) church planting (b) in northern New Jersey.
- Why do you think we need more churches? (i.e., What’s the purpose of church planting?)
- Who has influenced you within the PCA, and who has influenced your understanding of mission?
The Children’s Ministry is hiring for a Nursery Manager, who is responsible for ensuring that the nursery is a safe and welcoming place, where our youngest kids (Birth – Kindergarten) learn about and grow in Jesus.
- Manage paid staff and schedule volunteers for Sunday services and special events.
- Prepare all materials for Sunday classes that take place in the nursery during the services and during Sunday school.
- Assist with facilitating Children’s Ministry special events and handle all administrative tasks for the nursery.
- Possesses excellent people and administrative skills and is able to “think on his/her feet” during the busy flow of a Sunday morning.
- Involves working 10 hours a week in the office during regular office hours and can supervise Children’s Ministry operations two (and occasionally three) Sundays a month from 8:00am-1:00pm.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.